Atomic is growing a diverse and inclusive team of curious, creative people who love creating great software for our clients.
We're looking for thoughtful problem solvers who are passionate about building great relationships and finding win-wins.
Atomic Object is a consultancy that creates custom software products. We work across web, mobile, desktop, and embedded product development—helping our clients innovate and grow by doing what they do better. And we have a very strong track record.
Clients work with Atomic, not just for our technical skill, but for our expertise in product development, broadly defined. Our experienced makers work within a well-tested process and a strong project management infrastructure.
The fundamental building block of Atomic is the product development team. Teams are composed of a Delivery Lead (DL) and 1-10 makers (designers, developers, and testers)—collaborating to create products for our clients, from the idea phase through launch and beyond. Our management structure is lean, and our teams are independent and self-managing.
Atomic teams are project-based, so everyone gets to work with new people and tackle new challenges approximately every 4-12 months.
The Delivery Lead is responsible for guiding and managing the product development process of a team. It’s an absolutely critical role.
DLs live at the intersection of user needs and business objectives—they work closely with designers, developers, and clients to find innovative solutions that balance the concerns of both. They are passionate about helping clients define and meet their vision for a product and keeping project teams happy and productive.
Atomic’s product development approach is focused on predictability and quality. DLs are able to operate confidently using both quantitative metrics and the qualitative expertise of their teammates.
DLs report to the managing partners (MPs) of the Atomic office they work at and are supported by other senior Atoms for tools, process, practices, and guidance.
Read more about the position from Brittany Hunter, one of our first DLs.
Applicants should have experience as a designer, developer, or project/product manager in a technology-focused market, ideally software. We’re looking for one of the following:
- 3+ years experience working in a design or developer role plus 2+ years experience as a team lead, project/product manager.
- 5+ years project/product management experience.
Professional Focus and Background
Delivery Leads are vocationally focused on product and project management while working at the center of business, design, and technology.
Applicants should have deep experience in one area of business, design, or technology and a strong understanding of other two. They should also have a natural curiosity about a wide range of industries and business models.
- Teaching and mentoring
- Leadership and team management
- Process creation and improvement
- Ability to present, communicate, and influence stakeholders at all levels of client organizations, including executive and c-level
- Familiarity with agile design, technical, and project management practices and tools
- Familiarity with Human-Centered Design (HCD) concepts and practices (e.g. research, personas, context scenarios, storyboarding, workflow development, etc.)
- Familiarity with user-testing practices
- Familiarity with common, modern, design paradigms for interactions, features, and workflows in software products
Atomic is a great place to do awesome work. As an Atom, you'll:
- Join a tight-knit group of makers working in an atmosphere of friendship, exploration, and respect.
- Work on a variety of projects and help make pipelines safer, cities greener, healthcare smarter, and old products new again.
- Be part of a transparent, employee-owned company that's active in making the software community stronger, smarter, and more diverse.
- Work with smart, interesting people who are passionate about Atomic's values and who love to work here:
- Receive great benefits, including support for professional development, schedule flexibility, employee ownership, 401(k) contributions, and generous vacation time.
If you'd like to find out more about Atomic or this position, don't hesitate to
drop us a line.
Email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll get back to you within a week to start our interview process.