Atomic is growing a diverse and inclusive team of curious, creative people who love creating great software for our clients.
We're looking for thoughtful problem solvers who are passionate about development.
Atomic Object is a consultancy that creates custom software products. We work across web, mobile, desktop, and embedded product development—helping our clients innovate and grow by doing what they do better.
Atomic is looking for a maker, a doer, and a leader. As a software developer at Atomic, most of your time will be spent writing tests and code. But you'll also participate in the entire lifecycle: Research, Design, & Planning, project management, technical documentation, meeting with the customer, user testing, etc.
Atomic makers work on self-managed teams of 2-10 designers, developers, and testers. They collaborate to create products for our clients, from the idea phase through launch and beyond. Teams are project-based, so you'll get to work with new people and tackle new challenges every 6-12 months.
Atomic lives by its teach and learn mantra. We value our senior developers because they bring additional value to our company by leveraging their years of experience to guide the next generation. We also continue to support their professional development by paying for conferences and involvement in local and national organizations.
Atomic has a strategic goal to make our company stronger and work better by increasing gender diversity. By changing several of our practices and working hard to recruit women into the Atomic Accelerator, we’ve made significant progress, and our maker staff is now 23% female. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply, but we especially encourage women and other groups underrepresented in technology.
- Have at least 10 years of professional development experience.
- Have experience leading a team of developers.
- Be familiar with several programming languages and have in-depth experience with at least one.
- Write clean, logical, high-quality code and adopt test-driven development and Agile practices.
- Have a degree in Computer Science or a related field, or professional industry experience. Have a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals.
Atoms share a culture that revolves around respect, collaboration, openness, continuous learning, and immense pride in doing good work. All Atomic developers must have:
- The ability to be self-managing and self-directed.
- A consultant mindset.
- Curiosity and a love of learning.
- Passion for the craft of development.
- Strong communication skills.
- A collaborative, team-oriented approach.
Atomic is a great place to do awesome work. As an Atom, you'll:
- Join a tight-knit group of makers working in an atmosphere of friendship, exploration, and respect.
- Work on a variety of projects and help make pipelines safer, cities greener, healthcare smarter, and old products new again.
- Be part of a transparent, employee-owned company that's active in making the software community stronger, smarter, and more diverse.
- Receive great benefits, including support for professional development, schedule flexibility, employee ownership, 401(k) contributions, and generous vacation time.
If you'd like to find out more about Atomic or this position, don't hesitate to drop us a line.
Becoming an Atom
If you're a hard-working, curious, thoughtful person who wants to create great software products, consider becoming an Atom.
Email jobs @ atomicobject.com the following:
- Your resume.
- Your contact information. Include your name, email, and phone number.
- The names of the Atomic offices where you'd consider working. We currently have openings in both Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids.
We'll get back to you within a week to start our interview process.